Handbook on mediation / American Arbitration Association1 available
DCLI Treatise Collection
KF9084 .H363 2010
- Huntington, N.Y. : Juris, c2010.
- xiii, 805 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- AAA handbooks
- AAA handbooks.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Introduction to mediation. Using performative, distributive, integrative and transformative negotiation principles in mediation / James R. Holbrook -- A theory of mediation / Douglas E. Noll -- Opinion wanted : a theoretical construct for mediation practice / Cris M. Currie -- What mediation can and cannot do / Ira B. Lobel -- Mediation hype & hyperbole : How much should we believe? / Mark R. Sherman -- Mediation : a magnet for positive change / Steven L. Schwartz -- Same-neutral med-arb : What does the future hold? / Gerald F. Phillips -- Two alternatives to litigation : an introduction to arbitration and mediation / David L. Erickson and Peter Geoffrey Bowen -- The "A" list of emotion in mediation from anxiety to agreement / Amy L. Lieberman -- To mediate or not to mediate : That is the question / Roger J. Peters and Deborah Bovarnick Mastin -- Part II. Getting started with mediation. Ready...set...mediate / Peter J. Comodeca -- Ten ingredients for an effective mediation / Bruce A. Blitman -- Successful mediation : the do's and don'ts / Joel E. Davidson -- Some guidelines for effective advocacy in mediation / Howard D. Venzie, Jr. -- Power imbalances in mediation : questioning some common assumptions / Jordi Agusti-Panareda -- How to prepare for any negotiation session / John Patrick Dolan -- Navigating the mediation process : overcoming invisible barriers to resolution / Bennett G. Picker -- May arbitrators suggest mediation? : an informal survey / Gerald F. Phillips -- Entarnces and exits : strategies to pursue outside the mediation / Judith B. Ittig -- The value of economic analysis in preparing for mediation / Donald R. Philbin, Jr. -- Controlling your own destiny : you can with mediation / William A. Blancato and C. Allen Gibson, Jr. -- Part III. The mediator. Good and bad mediators : from personal experience : Find me a good mediator, please! / Robert S. Peckar -- The question of race, gender and culture in mediator selection / Fred D. Butler -- Mediating off the grid / Chris M. Currie -- Learning from law firms : using co-mediation to train new mediators / Lee A. Rosengard -- The impact of humor on education / Kevin W. Cruthirds -- Impartiality v. substantive neutrality : Is the mediator authorized to provide legal advice? / Mercedeh Azeredo da Silveira -- How mediators can obtain professional certification and thereby elevate their profession : a look at IMI's voluntary credentialing program / Judith P. Meyer and Irena Vanekova -- Part IV. Making mediation work. Matching parties' goals and mediation styles / Nancy Kauffman and Barbara Davis -- The complete guide to creative mediation / Gerald S. Clay and James K. Hoenig -- Using evaluations in mediation / Dwight Golann and Marjorie Corman Aaron -- Practical tips for using risk analysis in mediation / James E. McGuire -- Bridging cultural gaps in mediation / Donna M. Stringer and Lonnie Lusardo -- Nuances of med/arb : a neutral's perspective / Richard P. Flake -- Reframing and its uses / John M. Livingood -- Negotiation styles : the impact on bargaining transactions / Charles B. Craver -- Visioning and coaching techniques in mediation / Bruce A. Blitman and Jeanne Maes -- Using risk analysis as a mediation tool / Evan Slavitt -- Forty lines mediators can hang clothes on : no really! / Robbie Mac Pherson -- Marrying positive psychology to mediation : using appreciative inquiry and solution-focused counseling to improve the process / Jeffrey L. McClellan -- Everything you need to know about authority to settle a mediation / James R. Madison -- Part V. Attorneys and mediation. How to achieve the best results in mediation / Karin S. Hobbs -- Questions litigators ask about mediation / David Grappo -- Preparing your client for mediation / L. Randolph Lowry -- Managing client emotions : how a mediator can help / L. Therese White and Bill White -- Experts in mediation : catalysts for resolution / Roger M. Deitz -- Some "do's and don'ts" of mediation advocacy / Mori Irvin -- Problem-solving advocacy in mediations / Harold I. Abramson -- The art of attorney mediation : ten ways to improve your law practice using negotiation skills / Jeffrey Krivis -- Establishing a mediation practice : advice for lawyers / Robert W. Hassold, Jr. -- Questions clients have about whether (and how) to mediate and how counsel should answer them / Kent B. Scott and Cody W. Wilson -- Part VI. Confidentiality and ethics in mediation. The many faces of mediation confidentiality / Dennis Sharp -- Ethics within the mediation process / Mattox Hair, Sharon Press and Brooks Rathet -- Ethics and mediation : managing conflicts of interest / Paul M. Lurie and Jeremy S. Baker -- Part VII. Mediation in specific dispute areas. Resolving business disputes : fact-finding and impasse / Donald Lee Rome -- Mediating with an environmental agency / Elissa Tonkin -- A guide to business to business mediation / Donald Lee Rome -- The passionate world of business divorce : some tips for counsel / Robert A. Harris -- The perfect storm : anatomy of a failed regulatory negotiation / Lynn Sylvester and Ira B. Lobel -- Technical mediation : a new tool for resolving complex construction disputes / Robert S. Peckar -- Med-mal mediation offers promise, but systemic obstacles remain / Amy G. London -- Advocacy in meditation with the government / Jeffrey M. Senger -- Large, complex construction disputes : the dynamics of multi-party mediation / Albert Bates, Jr. and L. Tyrone Holt -- Respect in mediation : a counter to disrespect in the workplace / Vivian Berger -- VIII. Mediation and the legal system. Mediation and the Constitution / Jay W. Stein -- ADR and suspected fraudulent claims / Jeffrey Krivis -- The case against treating evaluative mediation as the practice of law / Bruce E. Meyerson -- Compelling mediation in the context of med-arb agreements / David J. McLean and Sean-Patrick Wilson.
- Mediation -- United States.
- Alt Author
- American Arbitration Association.
- Add Title
- American Arbitration Association handbook on mediation
- 100923s2010 nyua bf 001 0 eng dcamIa
- SLU SLU ZYF CPF YDXCP LGG DDQ
- (OCoLC)665080864 (OCoLC)651602446